Thursday, May 14, 2020

Parent...

As I sit here, cold, behind my desk
And wonder about my work
Every now and again my thoughts would go
To you and where you live

Your quiet peace, your tranquility
Your care and soft wisdom I know
As clear as dawn, as soft as silk
Your care for others is shown

In your gentle words, your soft spoken voice
You try and impart some grace
To this harsh old world, and all the turmoil within
Us young ones so often times have to face

Never once you must think, for a second or more
That your words mean nothing or less
For all that you are, means so much to me
And to others, I can guarantee, in universe and space

Oh how i wish i could keep, you here young forevermore
That your grey would once more become young
And your body filled with life, so you would be for always
A blessing for all the world just to have

But time doesn't stand still, and how else could it be?
How else would I ever appreciate?
The time here with you, this time that means so
Much more than I could ever afford or pay?

So even as the dawn draws its curtain on your life
And your hair shows the silver lining of life
Just know that I was, ever so fortunate
To have called you a part of my own life

I cherish your wisdom, your words, your soft love
I remember moments you couldn't know
Actually touched me, and mold me, into what's to become
The legacy of what you leave in the world

"Thanks for being a parent", can never come close
To what you ever meant to me in my life
So I'll write a few lines, just a few blurry words...
To tell you this truth...so it's told...


No comments:

Post a Comment