Saturday, May 2, 2020

Just you...


When I met you, you were simply you...
A stranger, not familiar, just friendly, smiling...you
And even though I didn't know the role you had yet to play
In my life, the way I see things, and the world as it is today

Your smile was just so friendly, and your laughter simply infectious
As I watched you move amongst your friends,
Your family, wife and more....

I simply couldn't understand, how you always saw the sun
Even though the world some days were dark
And everything seemed blue...
You always kept on laughing, telling jokes and being you...

Your love for all seemed unending, yet your family always first...
You love your wife like a knight of old,
Like I imagined a real gentleman would do...
With tenderness, romance and passion - yet always being you...

You raised your children to be fair and real
True souls that brings value to
Those all around their lives' - and so much more
Every person they meet in life too...

And I was lucky, to be one of those
To have felt your magic touch
Your simple words when you saw my pain
Your wink and laughter too...

And even though I can never say
In words what you mean to me
Just know, you are an example to all
But most of all...to me...




No comments:

Post a Comment